Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 08:38

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppinn
Malisa,

When I first heard of this plan I didn't know anything about CAD. I happened to pick up the CALP book and have come to the conclusion that this is the plan for me.

When I loaned my CALP book to a friend and never got it back, DH ordered me another one. He ordered the wrong book and I ended up with CAD. As soon as I discovered it was the wrong book, he ordered me the correct one. I never opened CAD until recently because I was curious to know the difference between the two. I prefer CALP because it is straight forward and easy to comprehend.

I know you can be successful on this program but feel rather strongly you should pick up one of the books. If you do not want to invest in your own copy, borrow one at your local library.

This is my second time on CALP and the second time I purchased my own copy. It is an invaluable resource and one that you will refer to many times.

This is a great thread for someone that has read the books but, IMO, it does not contain enough information for those that are beginning the program.

I agree with your points. It took me a really long time to get through this thread, and I was actually more confused AFTER plowing through it than I was previously.

I wish a NEW thread was started, and that whoever is the moderator would make it a STICKY thread.

I'm sure this diet would be much more popular if there was a STICKY thread with the basic framework, and the actual rules, few though they be.

Also, total newbies would have NO idea what is the difference between CAD and CALP; also, it would be nice to have a total list of all the books the Hellers wrote.

JMO.