Old Tue, Jul-22-08, 08:36

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach
Stats: 315/225/200 Male 73
BF:17.6%
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiemk
Hey Cleave,

Wow, you look amazing you don't even look like the same person well maybe the younger brother. So that explains why we haven't heard from you in a while.

I had a physical last week and my numbers were great. My Dr was very happy with my results. I've been fortunate to have a great support system and a wife that has helped to build a low-carb household so I'm not doing it alone.

Emotionally I'm doing great. Thanks for the compliments. You can't measure the value of a compliment to your ego and how it helps with the momentum of your diet. Like I said back on the first page. It's so hard when someone in the "really big" range is getting started because it takes so long to get that momentum. If your 300lbs or more it might take 50lbs for others as well as yourself to really notice and feel better.

I'm at a point where I'm struggling to lose. But I'm lifting heavy weight 3 days a week and riding my bike two days a week. I won the "Biggest Loser" contest that we had at work and when it ended I vowed to stay off the scale for a while. I got to where I was weighing every day or two and that's just not healthy for me. My goals have changed slightly. I still want to lose, but I want to be strong and fit. My goal is to be the fittest of all my friends, the fittest of all the other dads, the strongest and fittest 42 year old of my peers.

One of my best friends called me last night during my Pilates class. I called him back when I got in the car. He said "what are you doing?" I said, "just leaving the gym, I did the Pilates class tonight." he said "damn, I'm at Hooters drinking a beer."

Nuff Said.