#79   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 14:40

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
Thank you everyone for the advice. I hope he really wants this but I admit a lot of this has been me wanting it and not him. I mean I feel he deep down wants it but he has hit rock bottom so it's hard to Pull yourself out which is why I am trying to help him. Being over 400 starts to really affect quality of life for him- and let's just say that our marriage takes a huge blow from that.

Checking in today- I am thrilled- I lost 2 lbs last night! I am 245.6 today woo hoo! Total lost is 18.2 in just over a month. My goal is to be 243.8 by feb 1st and now I know that I will definitely get there! About 120 lbs left to ultimate goal

Congrats on the new low!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

I think it's going to be up to your husband whether or not he's "all in" on this diet. This would be the first big step.
And when he sees you losing every week, he will eventually come around. He will start wanting it for himself. If he's at rock bottom now, the only way left is up!
I feel for you. My sister is around 400 lb herself. She came to visit us this past Christmas and it just really hit home how the weight is effecting her mobility and want to do any activities. She literally left my house only twice during her 10 days with us. I'm sure she is so tired and irritated with all of the disapproving looks and stares she gets from people when she goes out in public. She's tried and failed at many diets. I think she's just given up on diets altogether. Maybe when she sees me losing weight without deprivation and relative ease, she'll want to try to get healthy again.
We can only set the example and hope they will follow.