Thread: New "Loser"
View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-18, 11:32

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good advice Meme. I dont keep a journal, but I do make a concerted effort to know the range of carbs I'm eating. I haven't fallen in to that "it says low carb on the label" trap!

I dont measure and weigh vegetables and calculate their carbs but I do follow a list of both Atkins and Southbeach foods with their allowed foods and daily limits on stuff like fruit, which I just added in to my diet, limited to the allowable daily. I figured, backing off and staying on induction wasn't working, might as well start slowly introducing some phase 2 foods. If I cant lose weight in the long run with what is still a radical dietary change using phase 2 guidelines AFTER nearly 3 weeks of pretty strict induction, I may need to try something else. I have successfully lost 40lbs about 25 years ago doing low fat and keeping calories low, so I know that works. I'm going to stick with low carb for a good while to give it a chance though. Mainly becasue protein is allowed and fats on the Atkins side. I dont have to be hungry. I do have the willpower to live hungry if I have to.

I do weigh and measure a lot of other stuff though. For instance today I discovered a can of light Spam in my pantry. My wife thinks the stuff is disgusting, but I have always loved it. 2g carbs per portion x 6 portions. I have a cutting board with all kinds of cheffy measurement lines on it, and cut it in to as exact portions as I could. I know each piece is 2g carbs now.

I read labels and calculate labeled carbs in meal preps in general, but again, I'm not going to weigh or measure each vegetable (phase approved) and calculate that...but beans, yep, I'll stick to a very small portion. They are loaded.