View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 11:14

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thanks Jey...or is it Janet?

I was thinking fluid retention. My wife experienced the same thing, she stalled at 10lbs lost on the No Sugar diet and stayed there...so far.

I stalled again at 13lbs in 13 days, then a few days later dropped 1 more. Then a few days later the jump.

I think your advice is solid and well informed. I had begun to figure on simply not checking weight as much, I'd rather not stress it. If I know I'm eating well...all the right things and none of the wrong things, I'm doing the right thing.

I'm going to ease a few more carbs in even though I hit this bump in the road. Starting with small amounts of fruit. Maybe a slice of protein whole grain bread someday...the stuff we have is phenomenally low in carbs and no added sugar. I've been still eating really close to induction foods only and just past the third week now.

I'll also start looking at the waist size calculation. Before I weighed last, I took a look and thought, hey that's looking better! And right before that I had gone outside to wheelbarrow some firewood up to the house (doing it manually these days for the exorcise) and the "woods work scrappy belt" I have been using is from my less fat days, I had been pushing it to just get the last hole to catch for a long time. I had to tighten it to the second hole yesterday! That's the kind of progress and feedback/reality you and that article are referring to. A BIG change already...I had embarrassingly bought suspenders to work in, because when a man gets fat, it pushes his belt down, and thus the pants, and with no rear-end to speak of, there's nothing to stop that migration right to the knees!

Its just so weird to look better, belts needing to be tighter...and there's that dreaded scale ruining my good attitude!

Thanks,

Ken