View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-18, 08:59

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Update

That's was weird. When I looked at this thread today and started my comment below, none of the recent replies were there. Then when I posted this, BAM there they were. I've had some issues with my browser like that...maybe its a "cookie" thing...even though I try not to say that word now!

After I edit this, I'll respond to anything not covered in whats below. Thanks for the replies all!

I have entered my correct weight stats now.

My wife has decided to join me in a weight loss effort (which of course is also a better nutritional health effort). She has chosen the no added sugar diet (I need to look around here to see if this forum includes that) which has many very similar features of South beach/Atkins, so we are able to team up on many groceries, although her focus is more on added sugars and natural sugars vs. fiber, where as mine is a stronger focus on carbs vs.fiber and no added sugar as well as watching out for high sugar/carb vegetables and fruits. But still very similar.

I may shift over to that diet at some point so we can be more in sync since they are so similar. Her's being a little more lenient on carbs and natural sweet vegetables, etc.. Since I dont have a strong need for sweets, not using ANY artificial sweeteners in the no added sugar diet will be easy for me. But for now I'm experimenting with a couple artificial sweeteners...just because I like a challenge and I have always disliked (avoiding using the word "hate" to avoid word sensitivities) artificial sweeteners except Sorbitol which of course is not low carb! Once I'm done playing around with the sweetener thing and likely fail at any that actually taste good for me, I may shift to her diet...she actually bought the book and her two sisters have had really good results which makes genetic sense. I'm a free-form guy who doesn't like to stay in lanes so all of it is hard for me! I dont even like banks and amusement parks because I dont like being treated like cattle between the crowd control ropes and chains!

I'm on 12th day of induction. I'm sure I have gone under and over the carb count here and there. I am not going to use a calculator and notes and charts...I know that means I cant blame a diet plan, its on me if its not perfect, but its a tremendous improvement from my previous dietary life.

I lost 10 lbs in 8 days at first, then stalled for at least two days. I wont weigh again until later today to see if that stall broke. I'm sticking with it as a lifestyle though. I want to lose that 50lbs, and I'm a very goal oriented guy once I get my mind on something.

To all the new dieters...Congratulations on making that healthy choice! I already feel better in the sense that I can tie my shoes easier and dont feel so disgustingly bloated, but I'm not going to lie, its really hard at first, and I have been fighting a headache almost the whole time. That will probably get better as I can introduce some good grains and fruit carbs here in a few days.

There ARE "Non-Boring" food choices, but at first, if you haven't planned well like me, it can be really hard and almost a sense of panic about what you are going to eat. That subsides and gives way to a discovery and excitement of what you CAN eat. But for the most part, say goodbye to many of the old classics we have known all our life...they just have to be gone except maybe a rare splurge AFTER you lose your weight...but avoid that impulse if you can.