View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-11, 09:18

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%
Default A success

Even though I have managed to lose weight well, I still struggle with certain food demons. I just assume I will for the rest of my life. And usually once I gie in to a demon, I go into a self-hating free for all that can las a couple of days before I snap out of it. Yesterday, was a losing struggle, but I am celebrating today because I managed to re-take control.

I was hungry all day yesterday. I really think it is hormonal. I am in perimenopause, and the hot flashes, mood swings and food cravings are driving me mad. So, I ended up having a completely unplanned cupcake. Followed by a bag of chocolate covered peanuts. On the way home, I pulled into sonic for a milkshake, to continue the binge, since it had started. But then something strange happened.

I cancelled my shake and drove away empty handed. And I didn't stop for ice cream and chocolate anywhere, either. When I got home, I wasn't really hungry, so I drank water, and some hot tea. I didn't spend the night digging through cupboards. I didn't eat any more off plan foods. And I didn't tell myself, "Well, since you've blown it, just get it all out of your system." Instead, I simply stopped.

This morning, I got up like usual, went to the gym like usual, ate eggs after working out, like usual. I didn't tell myself that since I was "bad" yetserday, I might as well have a muffin/french toaste/frappucino/coffee cake for breakfast and simply start over on Monday. I didn't give myself permission to skip the gym, since I am such a loser anyway. I didn't lie to myself about what I had eaten yesterday. And I didn't give that to myself as an excuse to keep making bad choices today.

For me, that is progress worth celebrating.
Sponsored Links