Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 05:35

Plan: Dr. Bernstein (modified )
Stats: 298/205/199 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrown
Cajunboy
1,250 calories is correct. It's a new target based on 30 grams of carbs (20 net), 80 grams of protein, and 90 grams of fat. That adds up to 1,250. It's hard to get that low on calories, but I never feel hungry or "starving." It's just that I often eat too much protein and fat at dinner. Today was an exception. Total calories was 1,177.
Breakfast: 1 turkey sausage w/Grey Poupon mustard, large coffee with Stevia & 1/4 cup H&H
Lunch: 2 - 3.75oz. cans Mediterranean style sardines & 16oz. diet ice tea
Snack: 1 jigger walnut halves (15 pieces) & 16oz. diet tonic
Dinner: large bowl (2 1/2 cups) of Shrimp Primavera (w/ 9oz. shrimp) w/broccoli, bell pepper, etc. & 16oz. diet ice tea.
I worked in the garden all day and had more liquids to replace lost fluids.

Dan - What I learned about myself is that my metabolism is slow. Yes, I have exercised, built muscle etc.

So, what I did to help determine calories per day was to multiply 9 by my ideal weight of 190 (6 ft tall from weight chart upper limit) and came up with 1710 calories per day. Actually I lose weight quite well when I stay at net 1500 calories per day. Net being actual calories minus exercise calories = net calories. At 1250 you should be doing quite well with weight loss.