View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-17, 15:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I went through exactly the same thing a couple of months ago and almost gave up. Glad I didn't! I'm sure more experienced people will chime in with more helpful suggestions. I don't know about the hair issue, but I can tell you what helped me greatly with the constipation:

1. I quit ALL dairy (except for grass-fed butter). Dairy plugs me up from head to toe.

2. I started taking a magnesium citrate supplement, first in powder form dissolved in water but that got old fast so switched to capsules. I take 320-500 mg, which is about 80-125% RDA, and it does the trick for me. Some people go a little higher.

3. I make sure I drink lots of water. Everyone says this helps, only because it's true! At least a couple of liters a day. I go for as close to a gallon of plain water a day as possible.

4. Couch potato that I am, I make a conscious effort to get up and move around as much as possible over the course of the day. A 10-15 minute walk up and down the block works wonders. It helps shake things up!

5. Don't forget to eat your vegetables! High-water-content salad vegetables like celery, cucumber, bell pepper, radishes, romaine, etc. are wonderful. Broccoli and Brussels sprouts topped with butter, too, if you're that far up the ladder.

Hope this helps.