View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-25-12, 17:04

Plan: ketogenic neandrathin
Stats: 254/212/155 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default how to do this w/out soy, eggs or dairy?

I need to eliminate soy, eggs and dairy. Is it possible to be lc veg w/out them and still get adequate protein? I was veg for awhile and then after diagnosis of cll had to eat red meat to keep from anemia. Seems ok again w/out it on such a regular basis but I do need to see I get enough protein.

Has anyone incorporated Joel Fuhrman's approach of eating 1# raw greens, !#lower carb veggies, 1 cup beans, 1 oz or more raw nuts and 2Tb seeds into a vegetarian low carb approach and had success? I will have ocean caught fish too. His approach is also to aim for "GOMBS" which means greens, onions, mushrooms, beans and berries and raw seeds and nuts every day.

Since I can't eat eggs or soy, I picked up some "raw protein powder" and stir that into a smoothie made w/unsw coconut/almond milk or oatmeal in the morning.

Just wondering if anyone here is finding success and health w/their cholesterol/bp/weight doing something like this and getting enough protein w/out the soy and eggs and dairy. I like all three of these kinds of foods but don't eat them anymore because my body does better w/out them. As far as soy goes, I was eating it daily and then eliminated it after reading up on its effect on memory, brain health and thyroid.

Thanks, Terry.
Sponsored Links