View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 09:18

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

DancinBr:

With numbers between 80 and 110 while taking meds and checking your BG levels 4 times each day, if doing "0" carbs for a few days doesn't allow the stopping of medications, then we're all doomed. You sound like the perfect candidate to do this experiment. Keep testing often while experimenting and let us know your results.

Testing carb tolerance is only to see what I currently can tolerate. As I lost weight, my tolerance was greater. Tolerance in the beginning, without meds was 20g or less of carbs, but after losing half of my weight loss goal, my tolerance more than doubled. According to what I've researched and read, as a diabetic, I should never consume more than 60-75g of carbs per day. Even if I get to my goal weight and find I can tolerate 100 carbs or more per day and can still stay in BG tolerance without meds, I should be aware there are processes in my body at work that is going to flip on me sooner or later and set me in the wrong direction again. Keeping carbs low is something I must accept and live with and that my true goal is only to extend the quality of my life.

Finding carb tolerance early into weight loss establishes a base line so to speak, a platform from which to measure future improvements.