Old Fri, Aug-28-15, 07:36
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCarolSue
I don't think Maxime is posting anymore. So many people become discouraged and leave, and that's not the way to do it. I'm glad someone is still posting here because not all of us can do Atkins 72. We need to have this semi-low carb. We might lose more slowly, but a loss is a loss. We have to be able to stick to this long term. With diabetes, cutting out starchy carbs is a must. Like you, ESW, I have to measure and count calories. Even low carb foods can stall your weight loss if you eat too much.

I think that you're right, Maxime is no longer posting or here. Too bad.

I'm one of the semi low carb people and lost my weight eating up to about 100 grams a day on average. For me and my body, going too low made me feel ill. vLCHF is not for everybody especially if you are not insulin resistant. I did eliminate certain types of carbs like highly processed flours and sugar. I've learned how to control my carb intake and that is enough for me to keep my weight off for 10 years now. I no longer eat pastas or pizza...two of my old favs are gone for years now.
Atkins does have phases and they do include the OWL phase of adding good carbs back in.