Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 00:22

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang
There are two kinds of experts:

Real experts are those who whilst being extremely knowledgeable and clever in their field of expertise nonetheless retain enough humility to admit that they do not know everything and sometimes they can be wrong.

Pseudo experts are those who can never be wrong about anything in their field of expertise because they know it all and have superior opinions to the rest of us, e.g. flat-earth registered dietician nutritionists

That's how I see it too. I was saying it differently, i.e. knowledge vs belief, facts vs ideas.

By the way, I would rely on more reliable indicators like BP/BG/HR, rather than on VAT. Those are very reliable and are much better indicators of overall health. However, the average values for "normal" isn't actually reliable. Best to go with your personal numbers and go on from there. For example, when I was at my best, numbers were 90/60, 67mg/dl, 60. Then they jumped to 120/80, 100mg/dl, 80. This was accompanied with a slew of bad stuff which I won't list here. A doc won't see it that way, he goes with the "normal" range and sees nothing wrong with those numbers, even when I point out the previous numbers and how these new numbers jumped in just a few days/weeks. Well, let's say your numbers jump suddenly yet remain within "normal", would that actually be normal for you especially if there's no apparent reason for it? Reverse logic. If there was anything wrong with 1kg of VAT, it would show up in those numbers (higher than what you recorded), but it doesn't, therefore there is nothing wrong with 1kg of VAT. If something goes wrong with VAT suddenly, it will show up in those numbers just as suddenly. Those numbers literally don't change on their own, there's always something else that changes at the same time, i.e. injury, infection, exertion, sleep, pleasure, etc. I guess this used to be widely known by docs, but somehow they forgot about that. I mean, it's the basis for risk factors, but they forgot how to apply this to the individual.