View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-11, 10:48

Plan: Vegetarian low carb
Stats: 233/219/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default New LCer-fats and cholesterol??

Hi everyone! I am a vegetarian and am considering going low carb. I have been looking into it for a little bit, but have not ordered any books yet. I found a lot of help by browsing this website and found some recipes and stuff.

My main question is regarding eggs. Most of the meal plans I have been seeing for vegetarian low carbers involves eating a ton of eggs per day, which is too high in cholesterol. Where we do not eat meat, we do not consume much cholesterol as is, and eggs seem to be the go to choice for protein. But eating 6+ eggs per day seems like way too much cholesterol. If anyone can explain this to me I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone has any great low carb recipes that deal with just egg whites, I would appreciate that as well.

Another topic I needed help understanding, which I am sure I can learn a lot about once I choose a plan and purchase a book, is about fats. I know the fats that are bad for you (saturated and trans) and good for you (monounsaturated, polyunsaturated) and I know that we should not have much of the bad ones at all, and should also monitor how many of the good ones we receive. But again, a lot of the meal plans and recipes for low carb vegetarians has a lot of all of the fats, even bad. Especially where there is a ton of cheese in every recipe. I am all for eating a ton of cheese (mmmmm) but if someone can explain to me why this is okay and how it works, I would definitely welcome the advice!!

Also, any meal plan ideas would be great. I think this might be a really hard journey for me because, like I am sure many of you feel, I am a carb addict. The only fruits I like are the bad ones. I love potatoes. I do not like many nuts. Etc Etc.

Thanks everyone!!
Sponsored Links