View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 12:58
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I too have small ones and a husband who does not LC. And I also nursed while low carb with no problems at all, in fact, my OB and our ped were quite supportive, so keep it up

For a lot of our meals, I serve *basically* the same foods, but prepared in different ways for me.

Examples:

Chili - Williams makes a chili spice mix that has no fillers, so very low-carb. I start to make the chili, then divide it in half, and add the beans to one portion only. I eat mine in a bowl with cheese, sour cream, and some green onion. The others can have cornbread with theirs or sometimes I will make it into frito pie for hubby (served over Fritos - yuck).

Tacos - I make my own seasoned meat (either ground beef with a seasoning that I make myself (LindaSue has a great recipe) or I do pork (using recipe for crockpot carnitas on this site). I eat mine on a plate with condiments (cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado) or make it into a taco salad. The others get tortillas or tostada shells

Sandwich night - I roll up my meat (usually turkey or roast beef) with avocado or lettuce, in a slice of cheese (I use round slices of provolone) and it looks like a taco. I dip into a mayo/mustard mixture. The others get regular sandwiches and side dish. I like to make lc coleslaw or faux potato salad (made with cauliflower) for sides.

Spaghetti with meatballs - I use shirataki noodles, very little sauce, plenty of meat, and smother it with mozzarella. Accompanied by a ceasar salad. The non-lcers get regular spaghetti noodles, and more sauce.

Hope this helps!!