#146   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 07:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 365/-/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hello all,
Well I've been here in Singapore for two busy weeks, trying to find my way around and exploring a little. What a nice place to visit. What a hard place to low-carb..... How have you all been doing it? I've been low-carbing very well for a long time now, but in two weeks I've blown it more than any other time. The only thing saving my blood sugar is I'm having to walk a little more. Went to the wet-market in Little India on Sat ooooh, vegies were great, but didn't buy any meat, will have to continue with the grocery stores for that. Laksa is really good, but hard to leave the noodles. So many things I don't recognize, what do you all think about eating the many varietys of tofu? I'm thinking it's not too bad, but it seems most everything has sugar. And guess I've been spoiled because I can't find any caffeine free diet sodas. So have been drinking diet coke. I'll have to go thru the whole caffeine withdrawl thing again. Well it's good to be here, sorry I wasn't able to include any sugar free syrups and substitutes, they told me no food import, but then I go thru customs and no one checks at all. But better safe than sorry.. Where is Jasons? Sounds like they have good meat variety from someones post I read. I've been to Media under the Otani, really nice, but really pricey it seems. Mostly been shopping at Shop & Save but looking for ideas. Nice to be here...
Ellen