#8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 11:53

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 235/220/210 Male 6' 3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
Sort of a different way to approach this--I don't think meat, saturated fat and such are necessarily causative, although I do think it likely that they're conditionally causative. An obvious example--if somebody indulges their love of meat with a trip to McDonald's, gets a Big Mac, fries, apple pie and a shake. I'm more likely to overeat fried rice with fat and beef in it than boiled white rice. You can have a healthy diet with lots of beef in it, that doesn't presuppose that there aren't baseline diets that can be made worse by the addition of meat--but even there, something has to go, but it doesn't have to be the beef.

I made it seem too specific to meat and saturated fat when I spoke to overconsumption. There are other things that have happened with me, probably related to hormonal imbalance - who knows that can trigger eating uncontrolable amounts of food. Usually for short periods, but there was a time I think I put on 30 pounds just from eating good food, with a couple exceptions.