#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 13:39

Plan: CALP
Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Back on CALP after 5 years off

Hi there-
I can't believe it has been 5 years since I went off of CALP (well, if I look at my hips, I can). Looking back, my life was so much more vibrant when I was on CALP. I felt very healthy and energetic. Then I tried Atkins. The weight came off a little quicker, but I felt like a dried up husk. Seriously. Also, staying on Atkins didn't turn out to be all that easy in retrospect. I often slipped into binging on artificially sweetened treats and then, from there, sugar sweetened desserts. Argh. My weight steadily went up and now I am about 20 lbs away from my all time high. I'm ready to go back on CALP. When I discovered CALP, I felt like I had finally found the key to many, many years of frustration and sorrow. Everything fit- all of the Heller's explanations made sense. What a relief. And it worked. My maddening cravings were gone! That was the number one plus! The weight coming off was gravy (so to speak). I just located my old CALP book and felt a huge surge of comfort and relief.

I find that when my food is in order and I'm not obsessing about what I'm going to eat, my life calms down. Everything seems to fall into place. I'm looking forward to that happening again. :-)

Thanks for reading!
-Ann
Sponsored Links