View Single Post
  #153   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-16, 06:42

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 184.4/134.6/135 Female 5'3"
BF:32.8/23.9
Progress: 101%

I am a little older than the 50s (61) and I will tell you menopause has not prevented me from getting where I need to go. I have lost 33 pounds since Feb 1 2016. Initially it was all LCHF, which I call Low Carb, Healthy Fat, and was doing alright. Then for some reason I would lose a pound and then meander around it for a month, lose another pound or two and then meander around it for a month. Aaargh. I was told so many things to do....lower fat, raise fat, lower calories, raise calories, lower protein, raise protein. It was overwhelming all the contradicting information. So, as I am known to do, I researched. Last book I read is The Obesity Code by Jason Fund, M.D. And he is s proponent of fasting. So I am now reading The Fast Diet. Yesterday was my first fast day where I ate one meal and lo and behold I finally lost those two pounds and another two pounds. Yay finally at my lowest weight since starting this WOE. On non fast day I follow strict LCHF and do not go hog wild as some do. I think when we get to our later years you have to mix it up to get it done as we all have lost and gained over the years so many times we have really damaged the way our metabolism works and we need to find ways to make it better. I am hoping, and an very optomistic, that 5:2 fasting is the way for me.