Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 15:44
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/177/135 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Still overeating

Hi Everyone,

I'm a compulsive overeater too. Cutting out carbs has really helped me stop binging. I still overeat at times (nuts and cheese), but I am doing better. I try to take it one day at a time.

It helps me to always have cut up vegetables in the fridge. Sometimes my brain can intervene through the fog (yes I've experienced it too) and urge my hand toward the carrots and celery.

Lpshelby, I'm sorry to hear about your broken heart. You said in your message:

"A part of me doesn't want to let go of the isolation. I don't want to hurt anymore, and I don't want to keep binging, but I don't know how to break free. I think there's a part of me, deep inside, that doesn't want to let go of the pain, so that I have an excuse to keep binging. "

I've felt that way before too. For me, I didn't want to give up the pain because it was 1)a pathetic yet familiar remnant of my previous life, and 2) it was all I had left of that person. I would binge to feel a different pain, but at least it was a different pain than loneliness.

Now is the time to really focus on something in your life you'd like to change. Perhaps focus on your diet and exercise, or take a class at a local college, anything to divert your attention from your heartbreak.

Good luck,
Sara