View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:44

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

I am new on this board, but not to CALP. I was wondering where this list at the top of the thread came from? Is it from one of the Heller's books or is it something more derived from personal experience? Or a combination of the two? I was wondering. I have looked in the CALP book and have not found restrictions of allowed foods, as long as normal portions are eaten (ie 4 g of carbs per CM)(#7 on the list). I think that restriction may have been in the CAD book. The Heller's say: (on page 118 of CALP) "the size and proportions of your Craving-Reducing meals are up to you" They do advise to keep to normal proportions and eat more if still hungry. This applies for the allowed proteins and allowed veggies. Dairy, vegetarian, and some condiiments have restrictions in quantity.

They also say in Chpt 4 that the resriction of fats should be determined by a person's dr.

Also, on page 118, the Heller's say a person is free to have a CM snack, I don't see a restriction on number of CM-type meals (re: #1 on the list).

I was just wondering about this.