View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-12, 10:42

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default 16 Months in, and I get induction flu NOW?

This comes into the category of "you never stop learning on low carb". I've been maintaining, with difficulty, for a few months. Never had carb creep while I was losing but it's plaguing me now, in maintenance. So yesterday I decided to go to an Atkins induction level of eating, just to re-set everything and get those pesky bites of cheese, fruit, M&Ms, etc. out of my system. I had plenty to eat throughout the day: lots of eggs, sausage, fatty fish, lettuce with oil, and some asparagus.

Well...I woke up this morning with a blazing headache, nausea, a runny nose, and I've had brain fog, irritability and a bit of lightheadedness all morning at work. I can only think that the carb creep had actually been much worse than I thought if my body is reacting so severely. The funny thing is that I've never had induction flu before, even when I began low carbing 16 months ago! I started out with South Beach, not Atkins, so maybe that was why. Anyway, this feels horrible and now I understand why newbies complain about it and sometimes give up. I'll stick with it today and see what happens.
Sponsored Links