View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 10:28
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

willbthin - I had the exact same problem. From what I have read on this board it is normal at first. After a while you kind of get your mind wrapped around the fact you can have these things, and the hour is more relaxed and not so desperate.

Many find they have a little of this and a little of that because they want to try everything. But it does pass for many.

I found I had perfect control all day. I would have a good CM, or skip emals with no problems. But when my hour came around I was a mad woman. At first I had all kinds of things. Then when I noticed problems from the refined sugars such as breaking out, and tummy problems, I cut that out. I was still suddenly starving when my hour hit though, and just couldn't seem to eat enough to be satisfied. Later I'd have a tummy ache form eating too much, but for that hour it was like my full signal had been turned off.

For me it was enough of a problem I decided to stop CAD for the most part, somewhat combining it with Atkins. Most of the time I have CM ok meals, with a low carb meal that has some extras. My schedule recently changed though to where I have to eat 4 meals a day. I decided to move more back to Atkins. I still am having problems with tellign when I feel full and not wanting that nice stuffed belly feeling I got from CAD. CAD did however completely cure my night time grazing and snacking that was giving me extream problems on Atkins.

Anyway sorry to ramble. Give CAD 2 weeks. Be honest limiting your hour to an hour, and try for balance as best you can. You might find at the end of that 2 weeks you have calmed down and are eating a "normal" reward meal. I still like the idea of CAD because it would allow me to go to a resteraunt and not spend 10 mins customizing my order. At least that was the idea. I would still move to low carb just because that is what sounded good