View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-09, 09:01

Plan: Atkins maint
Stats: 200/125/125 Female 5'3
BF:not fat anymore!
Progress: 100%

nope you need the whole foot! like a pigs foot

Illegal? how can that be? maybe it is a state thing? not a federal I hope because if so I commit lots of crimes buying them!!! they are in almost every market here especially in the inner part of the city you can find them by the tripe and stuff like that

they are scrubbed and really clean if not a major market how about a Mexican market where it goes into caldo de res and also menudo? you gotta have a foot, not the knuckle but the foot ( I think they are different but terms can be regional) I use knuckles as well as feet and hocks and whatever shanks are great if you can get 1 foot and some sliced shanks you have great soup!

ETA OMG a knuckle is a foot I bet! I just remembered pigs feet are called pigs knuckles ..I think I was thinking of the lower part of the shank the ankle maybe? sorry I am easily confused in life! either way a foot with toes is what you want! it makes the broth get that texture and clarity you want because of the gelatinating quality of it (my new word )

ot Cap my purple kimchi is beautiful ! thanks for the recipe I have to take a pic it is bright purple! I do not know why I thought it would fade out but the more it ferments the more purple it is!