#11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 19:38

Plan: VLC
Stats: 265.4/238.8/199 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Sorta, yes and no. Dr "call me Wheat Belly" Davis says even butter stimulates insulin more than it should for the amount of carbs. Cream does not contain a lot of protein but it contains some and some of us are ultra sensitive to it.

Yeah, I saw a link to a Dr. Davis article (from Hyperlipid, I think). But the link was bad, so I couldn't read the article. It was evidently about butter. The response/critique was about cream. I glanced through the response, but I'm so flippin' tired of trying to sort through all the science talk in some of these blogs. It just feels like 'macho science' to me. Almost like they're trying to obfuscate. I'm educated and reasonably intelligent. Write the shit so I can understand it. I just gave up on it.

Quote:
When you make butter, you'll find out just how much whey is in cream....please report back? I'm so curious.

Yes, I gathered along the way that whey was the issue. And I guess whey is largely removed from many cheeses. That would explain why cheese would be permissable, even though it has more protein that either butter or cream. It's not the insulinotropic protein.

Unfortunately answering the question of how much whey is in either butter or cream doesn't seem to be that easy. There's a tiny amount of protein in cream according to the nutritiondata website - 3.3 grams in a cup, if I remember correctly. But it's not broken down at that site by casein or whey. It's broken down by the amino acids.

Quote:
I too love Tom and Ray....

Me too. And that quote is so perfect for the topics of this forum, IMO. In theory, I should be really thin now. In reality, I'm still fat! And these theories are all expounded by lean young men having pissing contests over their stupid charts and graphs and rodent studies. Sigh!

Maybe I should just accept that I'm a fat, stupid, old woman who's probably doing the diet wrong or something. After all if I were intelligent at all I'd be a lean young male, right?