#21   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-09, 17:30

Plan: moderate carb
Stats: 300/209/154 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_kid
Is anyone else questioning whether the ratios will still apply if you don't eat all of the weird Polish food, organ meats, etc?? I'm nervous that I'm sabotaging myself somehow. Thoughts???

:

I don't know that anyone has specifically addressed this with information from Dr. K himself (yet). My thought is that Dr. K designed this WOE based upon the foods that he had available in Poland at the time (was it 30-40 years ago, I think?). I don't think my body 'knows' whether I'm getting my protein from a pig or a cow or a sheep. Now, I could be totally wrong and my bod is smarter than I give it credit - but at least for now, I'm going to stick to the ratios and not worry about eating pork jowls, organ meat or bone marrow.

The thing that I've found over the last 2 years, in which time I've managed to remove 90 pounds of fat, is that whatever way of eating I select has to work with my lifestyle. For me, that is the over riding criteria for my way of eating. Yes, being a healthy weight is important to me but if I'm miserable, I might as well be miserable AND fat. (well, ok, I really don't advocate that, but you know what I mean?).

I think our diet needs to evolve as we learn new things and try things and find if they work or not. As long as we're open to that - and give new WOE a fair trial - we can't help but eventually be successful.

Maybe someone else can more specifically answer your question - I only know that I'm going to give this a fair trial - and at least until the middle of May I'm going to just worry about getting my ratios correct and not worry about whether I'm eating the same Polish-type foods that Dr. K talks about. If I find that just watching the ratios isn't enough, I'll have to decide whether I want to start eating 'the weird stuff'.

If this plan doesn't work for me - what have I lost? A bit of time? In the big scheme of things, that's not a high price to pay on the chance that this plan is a solution to my problem/stall. At least I'll know that I've given it a fair shot and that eating lower fat/higher carbs/higher fat is either good for me or not good for me.

YMMV