Old Thu, Dec-03-15, 12:47
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicekitty
I'm also really nervous about this time of year, many things seem to be conspiring to throw me off plan.
--a bit of seasonal affective disorder, general low-energy feeling (though not near as bad as it used to be). Could be some of what you are dealing with Glenda.
--stuck in the house a lot due to bad weather, can't work as much.
--clients, friends, family plying me with "treats"--I really can't say "I don't eat sugar" when someone has made up a specially wrapped box or plate of home-made cookies and chocolates just for me.
--my husband has started bringing home Costco stuff--applets and cotlets, candied nuts, etc...and I have eaten a few now and then.
--I'd like to lose one more pound, but not highly motivated.

Seems like I need a challenge of just "being on plan" through the holidays, some kind of goal to focus on (but not beating myself up when I slip).
I'll tell you what I'm telling myself JustJo would say, "The daily challenge is just being on plan." After all, we came to this thread because we recognize our weakness. Mine is mostly in my head, so I just have to overcome myself. Yours seems to be saying no to others, which says that you're a good person, but it won't help you feel that you've met the challenge. I guess it's just up to us to decide. For me, it's "Will I stay on plan or am I tacitly giving myself permission to eat carbage?" I'm on this forum, on this particular thread to overcome myself, whether I feel depressed or not.