View Single Post
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Mar-14-15, 18:09

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi adnil, you sound a lot like me--I also feel much better with more fat in my diet, much more satisfied. I'm no longer terrified of fat! I really like having a low-carb dessert every night. (So far--cheesecake, yogurt and fruit, carrot cake and lemon bars). I'm also losing about a pound a week. Not fast, but I feel good and I'm eating pretty darn well. I really don't feel like I'm missing anything. Pure Atkins was a bit much for me. The interesting thing is that my sweet tooth has adjusted, and now I am happy with much less sweetener. Hope that continues to change!

I started at about 60g of carbs a day, but started having problems with insomnia, so I switched to CAD (which allowed my to get a good dose of carbs in the evening). Now that my body seems to have adjusted better, I have cut back the carbs in the evening also. Not really on any bona-fide plan--I just keep my carbs under about 50g per day, and I don't eat any grain products, minimal sugar (Truvia), little fruit, and try to eat whole, unprocessed foods.