View Single Post
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 01:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%

My biggest mistake so far is not looking through my cupboards and pitching stuff I no longer have any business having around.

Case in point: I made a whole batch of cream cheese/nut Nirvana bars (which for me may be another mistake...). I went absolutely crazy about them, eating 10-12 servings a day for several days and STILL craving them! That resulted in a 7 lb weight gain in 3 days!! Then later that week I opened the fridge to find that my LC hazelnut syrup I had used to make the cream cheese bars was not my LC hazelnut syrup at all, but a sugary hazelnut syrup I still had lurking in the fridge from before LC! I didn't think to read the label while cooking, so I ended up dumping TONS of sugary syrup in this dessert.

The cravings, return of lethargy and swings, etc. should have tipped me off. It was pretty impressive how the old compulsion came back so dramatically. From now on if I feel like I can't get enough of something, I need to put it aside and look very carefully at what might be in it.

Live and learn.