View Single Post
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 15:43

Plan: Syndrome X - Atkins
Stats: 201/193.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:36/32/21
Progress: 12%

My family is VERY supportive in this. I have stopped taking my meds because they are causing other problems in my body. The diet is hard, but if you address each day and each instance as a mini trial or mini success instead of the whole battle it gets easier. If you fail once, move past and try again. Don't beat yourself up for wanting a treat; give yourself a pep talk and pat yourself on the back each time you succeed. No guilt!!! Try different hings to satiate the hunger. I bought a book, "Syndrome X" that made it easier because it provided snack ideas that would not hurt the diet. I ate so much protein that I was never hungry...really. We made our own jerky at home so I could make flavors I liked without the extra sodium. Make it fun. I eat eggs in the morning with soy cheese and spices or onions, peppers, and sausage. Lunch is usually chicken salad, or I make steak hamburger patties with cheese and onions or mushrooms, dinner is any large piece of protein (beef, poultry, or fish) and a huge pile of broccoli or green beans. Spice them up differently, with a protein based sauce (milk, cheese, etc) or onions, garlic, etc. You can slice the beef into small strips to make beef and broccoli stir-fry. Don't be afraid of the protein, indulg until you feel full.
Like I said though, if you slip up, don't beat yourself up, just move on to try to do better. GOOD LUCK!!!!