View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 20:51

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Nat - yes I have lots of fitness goals - and they have helped enormously. But initially this *depression* (for want of a better word) happens just after you calm down and come off the ceiling about reaching goal. Lasted about a week.

At the same time you start to think- hmmm, wonder if I could stand to lose another pound or two. Then you get nervous you are on the verge of an eating disorder. Then it's like a sadness. Like I imagine post-partum would be. I had a simlar episode when I quit smoking - they say it is like a grief. Losing weight starts to be part of your routine. Especially when I've been at it as long as I hve.

I started to feel like hanging out at a board where others are struggling is like being smarmy about hitting goal. So at first, I'd play it down. (Shucks twern't nothin') Like graduating from university and having no *job* to go to. What the heck good was the degree? Still, it passes.

Must admit, Wa'il having a maintenance area is a grand idea. Maybe it is a period of *catch up*, that lag you mention - that would answer why it didn't last long. But it sure had an impact on me - I was not at all expecting it.

My original *goal* was 149 - that was what I set originally - then I read something about setting higher goals was a sign of lack of confidence - that there was nothing wrong with picking a goal weight that felt GREAT at the time.

Well I felt GREAT at 139, but still set the bar at 140-144 range.

I play more havoc with my mind, than with my body.