Thread: Singapore
View Single Post
  #202   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 20:35

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 51.5/47/42 Female 5'1"/155CM
BF:
Progress: 47%

Wow fumih you've got it down to a pat! I can only think of doing all that next CNY. For now, I'll have to be more disciplined. And I do agree that the older folks may get offended if we don't eat just a little bit. I've been attending 10-course dinners and putting food on my plate, just for the show, and then passing it to the bf. I'm too paranoid la. It's easier for me to follow the books to the T. The only exception for me is during Holy Communion. I don't see a LC alternative

Actually I found strict atkins not to be so boring, but you need to have the time to experiment with cooking and baking. So far I've found it to be fun and exciting.

Yeah I've read that CBATL has a LC menu but I've never tried it. How was the salad? Is it real salmon or a processed fillet? Sounds like a good change from the usual meat patty routine. I agree with you, we should support them, so they'll keep it up. Cold Storage needs support from us as well. The atkins items they have brought in, are on trial at the moment. Whether they become a permanent offering will depend on the market response. I hope they stay!

I've just made a first attempt at baking LC brownies. I didn't have a recipe to follow so I tweaked an old recipe I have, substituting flour with whey protein and almond meal. It's in the oven right now. I hope it works cos I sweetened it with a mix of stevia + aspartame + splenda. Is anyone keen on a LC potluck? Hehe.