View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:55

Plan: CAD
Stats: 198/158/140 Female 5'5 inches
BF:37%/28%/20%
Progress: 69%

In no way am I a doctor, or have any professional medical experience, but I have done alot of research on this, so this is my opinion from what you just wrote spch.
1. I think you upped your dosage way to fast. Some people will only up a half a pill every other week, and their tolerance to Met is much improved. Also, following a low carb diet is a must, as all the carbs and sugars will work against you. I found that as soon as I started to slip up, my stomach just went crazy with the Met.
2. Metformin is NOT an infertility drug. It is a tool to regulate Insulin. Sometimes it will help to kick start your AF, and some not all patients on Met will find that losing weight is a welcome side effect. All of this combined may help in conceiving a child, but a true test to see if Met is working for you would be in your Insulin bloodwork.
3. 3 months is probably not enough time to give Met a chance to work for you. I have seen some women on it for over a year before it started to regulate all their levels.
If your doctor thinks that going off Met is right for you, then great.
Just wanted to give you a heads up. There is alot of research available online, I suggest maybe doing some research on your own. I find that doctors still don't know alot about this disease, I am still more informed than any of my current doctors. (I live in a very small town). If you want any help or advice, let me know!
Thanks for listening,
Franny