View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Thu, May-19-11, 08:09

Plan: Less than 30 grams a day
Stats: 259/241/155 Female 69 inches
BF:Yes
Progress: 17%

Thought I'd resurrect this post because my husband was going in for an annual physical for his job and I suggested to him that he get his Vitamin D level checked.

Well he did get it checked and low and behold he was very low. Not depleted but at the very bottom of the range. But the shocker was that the doctor also diagnosed him "pre-diabetic" because he had a FBG of 105. I should add my husband is in general good health and with an acceptable BMI for his height and weight. In fact, the doctor, jokingly, told him he only needs to lose 4 lbs!

So once again, my suspicion that Vitamin D (and Mg which he didn't have tested) are directly tied to type 2 diabetes.

Now I personally have come to believe there is no such thing as pre-diabetic. I think you are or you aren't because either way, you need to make changes.

So I'm trying to get my husband on a daily regimen of vit d and mg supplements along with me but so far, he's not consistently taking them. He is however, starting to pay more attention to his carb intake which is a good thing.

Anyway, I'm just convinced that by the time a person is having blood sugar issues, their Vitamin D and Mg levels are probably woefully deficient or depleted along with other issues but mainly those two. I just recently bought a book dedicated to the subject of Vitamin D and another devoted to Mg because I'm that convinced they are critical to the process of reversing Type 2.