#38   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-15, 05:57

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicekitty
Yes, but could you stay on that rotation forever? I'm not seeing how the potato hack is integrated into a lifelong, healthy WOE.

Regarding SAD--I've struggled with that for pretty much my entire adult life. I just dreaded the coming of November and short, dark days. But for some reason the last two years, I have almost none. Most likely due to changes in hormones due to menopause, or the addition of progesterone, as nothing else has changed. The dietary changes were more recent.

Through the winter would have been an excellent idea, though a better permanent rotation for winter would be one week PH, one week LC. I know my brain really does better on starchy carbs... there's a book that explains it pretty well, "Potatoes, Not Prozac."

Re SAD, I lived in central Michigan and my SAD always started in mid-August when noticeably shortening days and cool weather would cause me to to start saying depressing things in a voice of doom: "Winter's coming." My easy summer weight loss would dwindle to a stop, no matter what I did, and ravenous hunger would start... I was like a bear preparing for hibernation. Very depressing. Usually by this time I would have already put on 15 lbs of the 40 I lost every summer. Very depressing.

Last March I finally fled Michigan for Florida and have lost 53 lbs since... and I'm still losing in late OCTOBER! Amazing. Never underestimate the power of the sun in health.