View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-15, 18:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
I find this fascinating -- though I don't know if I wouldn't get crazy hungry.

Well, WereBear, the only thing I can say is, calorie for calorie, nonfat potatoes are incredibly satiating. I had a potato for breakfast, and was full. Had another one for lunch and was full. Had one and half for dinner at 5pm... and I'm STILL stuffed at 8:30. lol Most people who try the PH are surprised to discover the same thing... unless they're not eating enough (ie, restricting carbs or calories).

But add fat to those potatoes and you fall into a bottomless pit... think potato chips.

For me, nonfat potatoes are much more filling than mostly fat (fat fast) or protein (Stillman's or meat & eggs). Worse, eating a high fat ketogenic diet leaves me with an odd lingering unsatisfied snippish discontent, that several hours later sends me scrounging through the fridge, usually something LC with AS, even if I'm still full. Think how easily we are tempted with dessert, even after eating a full meal.

But with potatoes, I can almost guarantee that you will not want any dessert. In fact, the thought of eating anything else at all right now is actually repugnant, 3.5 hours after dinner.

Kinda wish I had a blood meter... would be interesting to test right now. I'm betting my BG is low, since hunger is nonexistent.
Sponsored Links