View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-07, 14:46

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 135/135/105 Female 61" (5'-1")
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Terry

thanks for the lead...i'm having a little trouble with the My PLAN, because I don't exactly know how many grams are in each thing I eat... right now, I'm using a print version of the Atkins carb-counter as a guide... I assume that's accurate - anything that I should watch for?

In case you are interested,

today is italian inspired... I had a 2 egg omlette this morning with 3 tbs basil, 2 sm. cherry tomatoes & 1 tbs ea. of parmesan and feta cheese + a 1/2 c. of lettuce w/ dressing (0.3+1.4+0.2+0.5) + (0.5+0.5) = 3.4

For lunch I had a salad with 1/4 mushrooms, 3 sun dried tomatoes, 4 slices of mini-cuke + 1 c. of lettuce w/ red wine vinegarette (0.7+1.2+0.3+1+1) = 4.5

For dinner I plan to have a tofu version of eggplant lasagna -

stacks of tofu w/ 1/c eggplant, basil & 1 diced tomato+ 1/4 c. roasted peppers (2.5 + 2+.3+2.2 + 1.75) + 1/2 c. of salad (1) = 9.75

For a snack I'll have some havarti cheese rolled up in cucumber slices (0.5+0.4) = 1

This totals 19. I'll probably be hungry (if yesterday is any evidence, and may have an extra slice of cheese or half a hard boiled egg to quell my hunger)

Thanks for the tip about the fats... I did read the other posts, and it seems that as long as I stick to olive oil, and stay away from margerine, I would be including the right kind of fats - I think the qty. is enough - I use as needed to cook properly on a non-stick, so that should be around 1 tbs for cooking and 1 tsp./cup of salad - any more than that ruins the taste