#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 10:25
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Fuzzy

With all my heart I say lose what you want to lose now and keep excersizing. When I was 45 I was going to the gym and in really good shape, then an injury stopped me going for a while and gradually my fitness level decreased. At 45 I saw how many women in their 40's would begin to take on a sort of shapeless appearance and I thought (I was soooooo wrong) that they had just not taken enough care and if they would have watched what they ate and exercised a little they would still be in shape. I am finding out how untrue that is, nature really goes against staying trim as you age, it's definitely not impossible but it's hard work!!!

I know even at 34 it's not easy - but believe me it'll be harder at 44. I heard on the news last night that metabolism slows 3% with each decade of age. Women of course have a hormonal disadvantage that seems to double once the 40's are reached .

Sorry this sounds so discouraging, but I really wish I had been more aware of this before I quit smoking on top of it all. (Not that I really regret quitting, just the weight gain)

Anyway girl you got some years left before the BIG slowdown happens, so cheer up.
Sponsored Links