View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-07, 16:38

Plan: Nutritarian
Stats: 248/208/168 Male 5'9"
BF:Waist 46?/34/?
Progress: 50%

I was the second "no". A couple of years ago I was consuming 100 g net carbs a day, exercising a lot, and maintaining ketosis even at that level. I lost 30 lbs. But then winter came, then Christmas, and I cut back on cycling because of the ice on the roads...within a year I regained all the weight plus 10 lbs. With LC it is very important to stay on plan or it can be deadly. Too much carbs, and fat too, and you are in big trouble with respect to chronic diseases. Well it turns out I like the colourful food groups, so I am doing pretty well on Eat to Live (>=90% real plants), with moderate exercise, nearly doubling the weight loss of LC + extreme exercise. So compliance is probably more important than whether or not your plan is LC.

It is important to note that weight loss alone, no matter what diet, helps decrease the symptoms of metabolic syndrome. If you read journal articles that compare diets, you will find that weight, LDL, FG and C reactive protein tend to all go down together. The author will say their favourite diet is the best vs T2D (or other chronic disease) but much is explained simply by greater weight loss than other plans.

From daily FG's it looks like ETL has put my T2D into remission, and it has brought down my LDL and TG without affecting HDL.