View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-07, 10:31
Registered Member

Plan: GI
Stats: 409/369/135 Female 5 ft 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thank you so much for responding to my post. I have battled my weight all of my life, but have been relatively healthy most of it.
I didn't think diabetes was such a big deal until my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic over a year and a half ago. Even then, I didn't understand it until I began to experience symptoms - swelling, shakiness, irritability, fatigue, etc....
I hadn't felt this for some time. Over two years ago, it was so bad I could hardly walk. I was tired all the time. Well, you don't need me to rehearse the symptoms. But Atkins helped. I just didn't have the discipline to stick with it.
When the symptoms returned, I didn't have insurance so I could not afford to see a doctor. I bought a meter. I am afraid I have become diabetic, but cannot afford the battery of tests. I know what that can mean and I am running for my life.
I have been practicing a low GI diet for awhile, but I have been recieving inconsistent results.
Next I cut out all fruit and that helped some. I'm trying induction, with supplements, until I get to normal. Then who knows after that. One thing I do know, I can't afford to give up this time.
I will definitely read Dr. Bernstein. Thanks so much for your help.
Have either of you tried cinnamon or vinegar? If so, has it helped?