View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-24, 11:49

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'm still carnivore and more committed to it than ever. I try very hard to listen to my own body rather than the "experts" out there who say do this, don't do that. Some carnivores insist a woman needs to eat at least 1 1/2 pounds of meat, and some even say over 2 pounds! I can't eat that much. Whenever I've listened to them and tried, I gained weight. Now I listen to myself and eat around a pound a day and feel good. I'm starting to lose again, without any hunger pangs at all, and that tells me everything I need to know. I usually eat lunch and dinner, mostly because I'm simply not hungry, so I'm getting the benefits of IF along with carnivore.

I wouldn't characterize anyone as a "failed" anything. If you lose weight on carnivore but then find you can't stick to it and start eating the way you used to, yeah you're going to gain that weight back. Same with low-carb or low-calorie or whatever plan. If a plan doesn't work for you for whatever reason, just move on to what might work better for you. You didn't fail, you learned, and can now move on.