View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 16:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi Jeff.
here's something positive: you see the pattern. And - you always rein it in before you get too far back to the starting weight. Those are great things!

Maybe you can mix it up a bit rather than try to be perfect?

I'm not sure how that would look for you. For me, when i hit that time when things are hard (and "something happens") I make it my goal to experiment with maintenance for a while. Not to lose any more weight.

I spend this whole last summer (3 months) during some stressful times and some travel times practicing "maintaining." I did not lose an ounce for three months. For me that meant eating LOTS if i wanted (but on plan) or indulging in SLIGHTLY off plan ways once-in-a-while (for example, one week i had one slice of pizza; one week i had ONE beer three times; one week I had sliced fruit dipped in dark chocolate twice.)

I know for some people those things might trigger craving and falling off plan for the long term. But for me i was so scared that I would not be able to maintain (ie: add a few more carbs and still keep the weight off) that this helped me get through the hard times. Once I face-planted into cheezies 5 days in a row and I went back on induction for a week.

My point is that instead of berating yourself for being "off your diet" - maybe take a few weeks to eat on a different level (if you do Atkins) or a few more carbs (maybe 50 - 60 if you are usually under 30). See what happens physically but also emotionally. Maybe your body needs to rest at a lower weight before it can go lower. I think that is what happens to me. Lose ten pounds, then rest there for 3 months. Then tweak it back, and start losing again.

I hope this is helpful. You are not alone.