#8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-17, 18:32

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 230/165/160 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
After learning that I was reactive hypoglycemic I read up on it. They did suggest eating fewer high GI carbs, but they also suggested eating many small meals a day to have a more stable blood glucose level. For me I think that was exactly the wrong thing to do. It may have been what was required to keep my BG up and to have more energy, however, eating that way would have kept me eternally weight stable or gaining fat. I'd have never lost any fat except for during sleep.

Thats another aspect that confuses me. I was probably spiking a lot eating a standard diet, but the only info I have on that is my doctor telling me I was pre-diabetic.Since switching low carb, I have been checking and I see a lot of 5 90 to 95 readings first thing after waking. I currently waiting until noon to eat, and by then it has gone down to around 85. If I check it after eating, it has gone down even more, sometimes to the high 70's. That seems backward, but I have been assuming the meal (low carb, so little or no BG spike) causes an insulin release which lowers the BG.