View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Dec-01-17, 13:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I guess what i am doing is not a fast because I am eating one meal or one meal/one snack a day, and it is not Intermittent Fasting because I am having cream in tea and coconut oil in coffee (which would be allowed in small amounts if it were a full multi-day fast, according to Dr Fung.)

It is possible that tweaking the concept both ways (a little fat from one version, and a meal from the other) could backfire and cause stalls or gain.

However, my experience is that, like Teaser, the daily fat in tea and coffee (under 200 cals total in coconut oil and cream) takes me through 18 - 23 hours of non-eating with energy, emotional stability, and comfort.

I stay under 20g carbs for the total in the day, so it's Low carb meal/snack between 3-ish and 8 ish. I've been tracking just to be sure i stay low carb and out of curiosity for the macros. The cals are consistently under 1800 (often around 1400) which is probably why i am losing slowly - looks like about 1/2 a pound a week. I only do this "IF"-ish thing on the 5 workdays.

Since I was stalled on LC for quite a while, and finding it a challenge to tweak caloric intake, wine intake, dairy intake...this is working for me. But I guess i can;t call it any version of fasting!