Plan: Dr S D Phinney
Stats: 198/175/175 Male 5' 11"
BF:9 - 10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith v
Seriously??
Salt water?

That's what you use to make people vomit!

If you understood the actual amount of sea salt/potassium that goes into my home-made drink is far less than a cup of V8. Do you have any idea how much? 1/4 tsp of sea salt is approx 450mg and 1/4 tsp of potassium is approx 450mg. *tsp = teaspoon, TSP = Tablespoon

Don't forget what I suggested is far healthy and use REAL sea salt/potassium compare to V8.

You can easily make a broth using the above suggestion with some lightly cooked vegetables like onion or garlic in grass-fed butter.

A cup of V8 has approx 600mg of sodium (chemical salt) and 600mg of potassium. A cup of low-sodium V8 has approx 200mg of sodium (again, chemical salt) and 800mg of potassium.

Also, the chemicals in V8 are nasty like the so called citric acid, which is actually a hidden form of MSG processed from corn. In another words, the citric acid had been hydrolysed from corn (grain).

http://www.purezing.com/living/toxi...ontainsmsg.html

It also contains a chemical called BPA, Bisphenol A, that coated the inner wall of the container. BPA had been banned in baby products.

Again, the vegetables in V8 have been severely pasteurised, therefore the nutritional values are next to nothing.

Now, that would make me REALLY vomit.