#93   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 00:24

Plan: VLC
Stats: 295/220/160 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn
But to completely discount every other piece of evidence that shows we are also adapted to a certain percentage of plant food is, to me, disingenuous at best.

Well, I have a bit of a hard time with that, it presupposes that I've been confronted with some incontrovertible "evidence" and so far my jury's still delibertaing on what I've seen. I sure would like to see some evidence of a lower-middle paleolithic, human ancestor, that ate plants. So far everything that gets thrown my way when the topic comes up, has been play-along nonsense like "ethnographic evidence", or examples from the neolithic or newer. Mostly I seem to be confronted with assumptions, opinions and theories, but I have a hard time considering any of it scientific evidence. That being said, I haven't come up with any strong evidence to support my side either; I'm still digging and reading, learning and experiencing, and I'll continue to do so. So far I'd say the largest part of my belief in carnivourism is instinctive, based on how I feel and how my body has responded. Anyway, I'm somewhat dismayed by "disingenuous at best", I'm quite sincere and I believe you and many others here are as well. I think it's a unfair to dismiss my views as insincere, just because we're not necessarily on the same page when it comes to vegetables.

Anyway, thanks again, I appreciate the efforts you've made, and look forward to reading more of your thoughts on the paleolithic WOE.