#5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 01:12

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzyanna
I seem to be getting sicker even though I've been on Atkins almost 3 years and have tried cutting out as many yeast products as possible for the past 6 months. I started taking the Candida Cleanse again this weekend and again I ended up with horrible stomach cramps and throwing up - vitamins do the same thing to me.

I know there are some foods on the yeast free list that are not allowed on low carb. I'm wondering what results I'd have by going off plan trying to battle this stuff. Anyone done this before and have good (or bad) results??? I am so sick of being sick all the time.

Hi there Luzyanna,

I just happened to find this on the web because my particular area of interest right now is digestive enzymes. This particular article has lots of links and specifically mentions a lot of the symptoms you and the other lady with stomach problems have talked about.

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxif...iet/enzymes.htm

I really wonder if a lack of digestive enzymes is at the root of your problems. If that is the case, then there are supplements etc available. You might be able to self-medicate if your doctor doesn't go a bundle on this idea. "The Probiotics Revolution" is also a book that might be worth looking into.

Good luck!

amanda