View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 13:48

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi there

My rule of thumb for muesli - try to avoid any with sugar added. I think that is the really bad part. Use no sugar at all, if you must add a little fructose instead, or some raisins / the right fresh fruit. I'm English, but live in America, and sometimes have granola for breakfast with either plain yogurt and fruit or some milk. Your rye toast and fat free cream cheese sound fine to me.

As you seem quite attached to your oatmeal - I'd suggest cutting it out for now - going to phase 1 of the plan again, and then reintroduce it at a later date.

You may also want to consider adding a sprinkle of brewer's yeast to your breakfast. I'm never one to recommend taking dietary supplements, but I think this one is a good idea. It helps to reduce the bodies intollerance to glucose, so it might help you kick start again. I think marmite works well too, if you know what that is (it's an English spread made from yeast - you either love it or hate it!)

I drink coffee religiously, so I know how hard it would be to give up. However, I always have esspresso based coffee drinks (normally cappuccino). I never have filter/drip or the freeze dried type. I know that Montignac tells us to avoid filter and freeze dried, and says that if we must espresso is ok. I tend to use low fat milk in it too.

I've often suspected that various popular plans, especially in the US, are "based" on Montignac... However, I have been planning to get a book that the mendoza site recommends, it is written by the Dr. in Australia that conducted all the research into documenting GI and GLs that can be found on the Mendoza site.

It is called the New Glucose Revolution...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...e=ATVPDKIKX0DER

good luck - and keep posting!