View Single Post
  #966   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-18, 05:43

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Insulin is harmful and the reason we’re “resisting” it (otherwise known as Insulin resistance) is because our body is trying to protect our liver.

Picture the liver as a balloon, and when we eat it fills up with fat and sugar. When we stop eating for awhile, like during fasting, the insulin levels drop, releasing some of the stored energy and deflating the balloon.

But if insulin levels stay elevated for a long time, the balloon (your liver) inflates - filling with excess sugar and fat. The pressure inside the liver escalates, which makes it difficult for any more sugar to make its way into this jam-packed liver. The liver doesn’t have any room for more sugar, and so pushes (or resists) the incoming sugar, which now piles up outside in the blood.... http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...0&postcount=953

I'm thinking of offering this explanation to a diabetic I know, two perhaps, but both have had conventional diabetic teaching and trust their doctors. One, in particular, gained 30 lbs when she was put on insulin and has been unable to lose it. I never had diabetic teaching because I knew I would be rejecting it anyway so I'm not familiar with what they say.

I've read all, or perhaps nearly all, of Dr. Fung's blog and watched all of his You Tube series on obesity/diabetes and it all makes sense to me.

But could he be wrong? What would conventional doctors say as to how/why he is wrong?

(Thanks Janet, for posting that YouTube link.)