View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:47
WannaHaveFun

Plan: protvegfatprotvegfatprotv
Stats: 183/165/155 Female 67 in
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Pepper & cilantro marinated chicken with sweet/sour dipping sauce (pp. 166-67)

The chicken was great (though I had skinless chicken breasts unfortunately--a bit too low fat for me right now ). Made an "unreasonable facsimile" of the dipping sauce, though it tasted delicious anyway. Used 3/8 cup Brown Sugar Twin and 3/8C Splenda (Karen's synergistic sweeteners idea) instead of 1-1/2C sugar. However, couldn't figure out how to use xanthan gum to thicken, so it was watery.

Karen, would you be able to help me with thickening? Do I have to boil the xanthan gum/water mixture? Sorry to be so thick here....

Also, can you recommend a hot chili paste? I used some Thai red curry paste from the fridge--only 1 tsp. as opposed to 1T, and it turned out VERY hot (which I like but I think it might've been too much).

Anyway, if this is something that's coming up in your LC cookbook, I can wait, but if not, I'd sure appreciate some guidance.

ALSO--bought some BC greenhouse HOT peppers at Costco the other day. They're called "piropeppers" (long and cone-shaped). Now I don't know what to do with them. Any ideas???? There's a whole plastic box--1 pound. They looked so pretty...other than that I don't know what came over me!

thanks for any guidance, Karen.